Welcome

Working in the restaurant and bar industry you learn a lot about people. Mostly I have learned that restaurant guests lack respect, intelligence, and just generally being a decent human being. This blog is dedicated to the ridiculousness I personally and other people in this business have encountered. I will share stories and insight that will hopefully make you a better guest the next time you step into a restaurant or bar.

4. Sharing Food

/ Friday, November 11, 2011 /

You know who you are.  The groups of girls who order spinach dip and salads to split.  Servers dread your tables.  No one likes groups of girls that modify everything they eat and just share their food.  Your tabs are usually low and your attitudes are always superior.  Before splitting foods make sure to tell your server.  Some chefs will be nice enough to split the food before it gets to your table so there isn’t that awkward lingering bite left on the plate at the end of the meal.  Don’t be surprised if there is an upcharge for splitting food, it is an annoyance for the kitchen to do and they usually give you more food then an average dish.  

5 comments:

{ WaiterGuy#1 } on: November 15, 2011 at 5:42 AM said...

I hate it when people expect everything to be catered for them; handed to them on silver spoons.

{ Smartlittleone } on: November 15, 2011 at 6:11 PM said...

I don't share food at a sit down restaurant. My boyfriend would never let me share with him. He has too much of an appetite. If I am out with my friends we usually share three different plates of food not just one. That's not enough food.

{ Swigs, Shots, and College Football } on: November 16, 2011 at 8:10 AM said...

I'm with Smartlittleone. Whenever I've been on a date or out with friends or something, I always get my own food. Maybe it's because I don't particularly like sharing or maybe it's because I barely have any food at home, so I try to make the most out of what I order. SHARING IS FOR CHUMPS

{ Ka Wai } on: November 17, 2011 at 8:06 AM said...

I think because I grew up in a Chinese culture where sharing food is the norm, I find not wanting to share food is weird. Sharing gives me an opportunity to try different dishes. This is really interesting, I didn't know people prefer not to share at a restaurant

{ Isaac } on: November 18, 2011 at 8:33 AM said...

Sharing food is economical and romantic.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Bar Buzz, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger